Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm sick of lying.

Why do people mistake truth with pain and kindness with lying? Every time I say, "I wish I was nicer, or kinder" people automatically think that means that I should simply lie more. And that's not the case, you can be truthful and kind, I absolutely hate the phrase, "truth hurts" because it doesn't always have to.

For example, when someone's shirt makes them look fat, you don't have to all out say, "damn, that shirt makes you look like a cow" you can just say instead, "that shirt doesn't compliment your curves very well." And if someone's hair cut is ugly, instead of saying "damn, someone fucked up your hair, you should just shave it off" you can say, "that hair cut isn't very becoming of you, maybe you should try another style."

See? Same thing, but much nicer. I'm all about honesty but honesty doesn't mean that people can be rude or hurtful in my eyes.

So I'm really starting to wonder why DO people think that they have to lie to be nice? In the end, lying just makes the situation worse, and worst of all, lying to someone's face tends to lead to talking smack about the person behind their back. And I hate it when people are talking smack about someone, it actually makes me very uncomfortable and I usually don't like to contribute to the conversation once it makes that turn. Yeah, I admit, I do "talk smack" every once in a while, but what differentiates me from what I consider a "smack talker" is that I don't go around saying, "OMG, did you see what she was wearing today? Ew." or "OMG, he's such a man-whore, he was grinding on like everyone last night." [Ok, I might say the last one jokingly, but probably never seriously]. And that to me, is trying to force my opinion of someone to someone else, like trying to convince someone else that somebody is a jerk or something. I might be able to rant about how much I hate someone or how annoying they are, but I don't waste my time talking smack about them behind their back and being "nice" to them to their face, I usually just ignore them.

This goes back to the two faced post I made a while ago! THAT'S WHAT A TWO FACED PERSON DOES. THEY LIE. I don't think I can stress enough about how annoyed I get when I come across someone being two faced, again, I usually just don't contribute to the conversation and I don't try and carry on the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment