Friday, March 25, 2011

oh. hell. naw.

think i don't know about all this talk? think i'm so unaware of what everyone's saying about me??

"oh, tia done gone and got her heart broke. poor girl."


let me tell you something. i'm not the fucking victim; i'm the bad guy.

i'm not afraid to get hurt, i'm not afraid to care and i'm not afraid to get beat up so bad that i can't stand straight; i'll still get up and do it all over again if i can.

i never slipped, i never got my guard down, and yes, i still did get hurt but i never crumbled; i came back stronger.

i am aware of who i am. no matter who tells me otherwise, my image of myself does not change. i was never manipulated, i was never wooed and i sure as hell was never blinded. i saw it from the start, i shied away from it because i wanted to fall, i wanted to feel and most of all, i wanted to forget.

but none of that ever happened, eventually the drunken illusion lifted and i realized that this was all a big waste of time. it was all caused by me, it was all created by me; so the fault is all mine. and because i accept that, i was able to get past this.

No comments:

Post a Comment