Monday, April 5, 2010

Defined

I love how other people think they can define me. They throw me into their own little categories and think they know me so well based on that; and when I don’t fit their definition, then they call me “fake”. I love this because, for a really long time I was unaware of this. I’ve always been true to myself, I don’t put up a front to anyone, I show more respect to some people, but overall, I’m me. And for a long time, I defined myself by someone else’s definition and standard. I looked at myself and thought, “Am I fake? Is this really me?” and only recently have I really said, “Yes, this is me. I’ve always been true to myself.” The problem isn’t me, it’s the other person. Who do they think they are defining me? Who do they think they are thinking that they know me? And who do they think they are by clumping people together? Is there only a certain amount of people in the world? If I’m not like this then am I like that?

When I discovered that the problem wasn’t me, it felt so god damn good. This has been bothering me for such a long time; I seriously thought that I was fake, that I don’t have an identity because I’m not completely like this and a little bit like that too. But I’ve always been ME. And what’s wrong with being me? Just because I don’t fit your definition of me doesn’t make ME fake, it makes YOU judgmental. And that isn’t something wrong with me, that’s something wrong with YOU. So, next time you call me fake or say something “isn’t me”, think about what it is that MAKES me; YOUR definition, or MY actions? Who do you think you are telling me who or what I am? Do you even know me, or what I’m a capable of?

Fuck sounding cliche.

Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment